Trademark registration: what, what for, how and why?
Trademark – is a powerful tool that allows you to personalize the company’s products or services, to stand out in the market. There are five types of trademarks: word marks, figurative marks, sound trademarks, three-dimensional trademarks, collective trademarks. In any case, the possibility to label your own products in such way and be sure that the “foreign” goods will not be labeled as a specific trademark appears only after its registration.
Stages of the trademark registration process:
- Checking represented trademark for uniqueness, i.e. the determination whether there are analogues in the database of the Patent Office of the Russian Federation.
- Document preparation, as well as filling the application for registration (requirements can be specified on the FIPS official website).
- Payment of state fees for basic and formal examination, as well as for registration itself.
- Submission of documents.
- Obtaining a registration certificate.
Benefits of trademark registration:
- Acquisition of a comprehensive ownership of the trademark;
- Hardening of product label, the growing trust of partners and customers;
- The possibility to recover damages for the use of the trademark by other companies.
Trademark registration will establish confidence in the main intangible asset of your enterprise.